Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's the last day of school!

I can not believe how quickly this school year went by.

I'm so proud of the kids. They both had a great year.

I went out today and bought them some balloons and cupcakes to celebrate the last day. I made them each a card.

As I was writing Laurens card, I couldn't help but to get a little emotional as this is her last year in elementary school. It seems like yesterday I watch her get on the school bus with her little back pack.....all I saw was her back, she got on that bus and never looked back. And, of course, I stood in the driveway crying. One more school year and I'm going to be the mother of a middle schooler.

It's hard to imagine my Matthew is going to K in Sept. What a big boy! He's my little buddy. I'm going to miss our time together in the afternoon; picking him up and getting in some time alone on the way to school.

The upcoming school year will be the only time ever that the two of them will be in the same school together. I'm glad they will have that time to share.

4 comments:

Caren said...

{{{hugs}}} Lisa! I'm getting a little emotional just READING about your feelings toward Lauren growing up. Partly because I know how fast those years will go and I'll soon be standing in your shoes.

Next year will be a special year for them both being in the same school.

Enjoy the summer!

KC said...

awwwww...Lisa. That was so sweet. I'm sure Lauren, Matthew and you will be just fine. That first day of school, regaurdless of age and year, is always bitter sweet.

They do grow fast, dont they? :)

Michelle said...

Awe Lisa :) It goes fast doesnt it! We actually dont have middle school here so Victoria and Joshua will be in the same school till Victoria goes to Highschool for Grade 9. They have been in the same school all this year but they hardly ever see each other except for during assemblys. I have to say though when Victoria's friends do see Joshua he has all the grade 4 girls clamouring all over him...lol

Paisleyand Polka Dot Patterns said...

awww you're such a great mommy..sniff sniff, this is sad but they are growing and growing close to you and always inside the deepest part of your heart that cannot ever be uprooted.
looking forward to seeing you on the 4th! yipee!