Thursday, April 17, 2008

Oh My God. . . I'm Wearing a Skirt!

I haven't worn a skirt in years and years. In fact, i can't remember the last time I wore a skirt. But I found a couple of skirts at Kohls, for the grand price of 4.80. Can't beat that~! Since I've reached my 25lb mark, I thought i would be brave and go for it. Now 25lbs is a significant amount, but I still have a long way to go. Lauren is just too cute though. She has been bugging me for ages to wear a skirt. She has said many times "Mom, why don't you wear a skirt?", "Mom, I've never seen you in a skirt". This morning I got ready for work and put the skirt on, and as I was getting ready to leave Lauren's eyes lit up and said "I LIKE IT".

Of course, now I have this fear that I'm going to go to the bathroom and come out with my skirt stuck in my underwear.

5 comments:

KC said...

WOOHOO!!!! good for you for losing 25 lbs. that's wonderful. Want to lose my 25 lbs for me? I can send it to you. LOL

How cute of Lauren! Brianna gets that way sometime when I take her shopping with me. She LOVES picking clothes out and just doesn't understand why I dont buy everythign she suggests I wear. LOL

As for the skirt/underwear comment, OMG I spit my Pepsi right out my nose. LOL

Sous Chef Mom said...

I am with Kris.. I had to laugh at the undies comment... that is my ultimate fear ;)

Vicki said...

GOOD FOR YOU GIRL!!! I'm so proud of you how far you've come!!! Wear that skirt with pride - I bet you look fantastic!!! :)

Lauren's comments and actions often bring tears to my eyes. Today was no exception!! What a wonderful daughter!! :)

Michelle said...

Woohoo 25lbs!! Way togo Lisa! What a wonderful way to reward your accomplishment by wearing a skirt! I wear tons of them in the summer, but I too am constantly feeling/rubbing the back down to make sure its not up and exposing my butt!

Caren said...

25lbs!!! WTG Lisa!!! I'm so proud of you!!!

As the other ladies have said, you are an inspiration!!!