Friday, February 15, 2008

Journey to the new me

I've been debating posting about this......I feel like everytime I say outloud that I'm going to lose weight I set myself up for failure. But there is something different about this time. With my 40th birthday upon me, (and believe me, I don't feel like what I thought 40 would feel like -- I still feel like I'm in my 20's -- I'm young at heart and always will be) I told myself it was time for me to take care of me. I always make sure the kids go to their dr's apts every year. I take care of everyone but me. So on February 1st I had my first physical since I don't know when and I put myself, for lack of a better word, "diet". I've been watching what I eat, using smaller plates, making better choices. The other night we had pizza, I had one piece instead of 2-3 pieces. Yes, I have had a small chocolate here and there, but I haven't eaten a whole candy bar. I'm striving for portion control. I have also started exercising on a more regular basis. I'm making goals, each 10 pounds I lose I will treat myself... When I lose the first 10 I'm getting a new pair of sunglasses (my favorite accessory). The good news......Since February 1st................I have lost 7lbs. Ok, so at first I say only 7 pound but then I think....that is 7 packages of butter or a 5lb bag of sugar and 2 packages of butter. Thinking of it that way makes 7 pounds seem pretty significant. I also feel better mentally, knowing that I am doing something good for myself. So in the end the big goal is to lose 100 pounds but we will take those 10 at a time. So I have 3 pounds to go until those new sunglasses....goal is to do that by 2/29. So begins the journey to the new me. . . . (to be continued)

2 comments:

Sous Chef Mom said...

That is VERY Significant! Congratulations! You can do it!!!

Janice said...

Lisa, I give you a lot of credit because it is as hard to lose lbs. as it is to stop smoking. A constant battle. With my sm frame I'm 10-15 lbs overweight so I'd love to lose my belly. I love you just the way you are but only you know how you feel and what your goal is. I will be praying for you to be able to reach that and be ok with yourself.