Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Lauren!

It's a double digit birthday! Ten years old. Daddy and I were married for 9 years before you were born. You sure took your time getting here. I was begining to think that I would never have children.

I remember the day that I found out I was pregnant. There wasn't anyone around for me to share the news. I had to wait forever until Daddy got home. Finally he came home and we both could hardly believe it. Grammy and Poppy were so excited - you were the first grandchild.

I was convinced that you were going to be a boy. You were born and they told me it was a girl, it was total shock. I remember Daddy had said to me when you were born..."I didn't know what I would do with a little girl, but I love her" and I said "That's funny, I didn't know what I would do with a little boy". (though I sure did learn quickly when your brother was born)






I was thrilled. A little girl to dress in frilly clothes, to go shopping with, to share secrets with. I knew it would be fun and special to have a little girl but just how special I had no idea.



You are an angel. You have grown into a lovely young lady and I couldn't be more proud. I love our girl time. I love our shopping trips, our trips to the movies and the theatre. I love watching you dance, and being part of all that you do for dance.

I have a song for each of you and the song that brings tears to my eyes and makes me think of you when I hear it is "In My Daughters Eyes" by Martina McBride. It really relays how I feel about you.

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about
It's hangin' on when your heart has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daugter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see
how happy she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes



I love you
Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

KC said...

Happy Belated BIrthday Lauren!! You've come a long way baby!!!!!

Paisleyand Polka Dot Patterns said...

She's just darling! Awesome pic!